CEMS School Counseling Department Mission Statement
The school counselors at Camp Ernst Middle School are committed to delivering a comprehensive, data-driven counseling program to all students. The comprehensive school counseling program will collaborate with all stakeholders to assess student’s needs and deliver evidence-based, developmentally appropriate prevention and intervention services. Through data analysis, the data-driven school counseling program will evolve to ensure all students are able to identify their strengths and have the skills necessary to be successful citizens of the world.
CEMS School Counseling Department Belief Statement
The School Counselors at Camp Ernst Middle School believe:
- All students have significance and worth.
- All students – regardless of ability, age, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation – shall have equal access to all services (academic, career, and personal/social) provided by the counseling program and the school.
- All students need opportunities to develop positive mentorship relationships with all educational stakeholders and recognize their own special talents to overcome barriers in their lives.
- Every student has strengths and the ability to achieve their goals.
- School counselors must advocate for every student.
- School counselors are leaders in their buildings and agents of change in school culture and academic achievement.
- School counselors develop positive relationships and recognize each student’s special talents to help them achieve their goals.
- The school counseling program collaborates with educational stakeholders to increase equity and access to opportunity.
- The school counseling program provides valuable resources to be used in collaboration with educational stakeholders.
- The school counseling program focuses on student learning and utilizes a data-driven comprehensive school counseling program to meet the needs of every student.
- The comprehensive school counseling program is tailored to meet students’ developmental needs in academic, career, and personal/social domains, as identified through needs assessments, delivered using evidence-based programs, and evolved through data analysis of outcomes.
- The school counseling program utilizes the American School Counselor Association ethical standards.
CEMS School Counseling Vision Statement
Camp Ernst Middle School’s Counseling program will strive to equip all students with the knowledge and skills needed to achieve excellence in college, their career, and in life. Camp Ernst Middle School will realize success when:
- All students believe they can and will learn, no matter what.
- All students know their strengths and how to use them to overcome any barriers in their way.
- All students can set short-term and long-term goals and identify careers that align with their interests, passions, and skills.
- All students are involved in positive mentorship relationships with adults, know when and how to seek help when needed, and are positive influences on others.
- All students leave middle school ready and excited to explore different learning opportunities and experiences in-and-out of the classroom to cultivate a passion for life-long learning.
- All students promote an atmosphere of kindness and equity.